Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!


     As we go into the holidays and prepare to close out the year,
the first thing that always comes to my mind is
THANKS!



    Thank you to all 
who have kept my little business afloat this year...

  


  Thank you for loving these dear little stitchy things...

and best of all, for sharing your own creations--
that is honestly the greatest part of doing this!

Here's a few little peeks at our Thanksgiving celebration this year--
it may not be much, but it is heartfelt. You're invited and we're so happy you can all be a part of it with a little internet magic!




So here is my brand, new, HUGE! Thanksgiving tablecloth that I bought in a moment of optimism a couple of weeks ago. It was "wicked" expensive as they say in these parts, and if anyone spills cranberry sauce on it, it will take every ounce of graciousness I possess to NOT immediately pull the tablecloth trick and run upstairs to soak it! Fine displays of linen are important to me, in fact, the tablecloth means more to me than buying a new dress-- I know you, as embroiderers, will agree with me there.


I set the whole table up, because, of course, I want to use it this year, and just so I could get some photos. As of this writing, it may just be Mr. SFO and I sitting at the ends of this table staring at each other from fifteen feet away with not much to say. 


I am lucky to have a complete set of 12 of these Myotte Thanksgiving plates-- they are not fine china, but I love the illustration and I really enjoy using them each year. And that is my grandma's fine silverware-- it is looking a bit worn, but my daughter assures me that it is "quaint." I once looked into getting them re-plated-- but it was hard to find a place and again, "wicked" expensive. Does anyone have an experience with this?


I have quite a few of my favorite samples saved for decorating-- but I do give away a lot of what is made here-- for instance-- I LOVE this thing, but I honestly don't even know where it is at this point! I am tempted to make a new one.


This tablerunner I kept because it is not quilted--
unfinished never stops me from displaying something!



Here is some more of my decorating-- I also have this table linen from France-- so exquisite! Every time we eat at the table, I fold it up into the middle so no spills... My family is very patient with this beyond just a few rolled eyeballs, and this makes me realize I should probably be more grateful for them, too.



Now-- it's on to the cooking! My DNA is sorely lacking in this area-- but I can make anything LOOK GOOD. So beware...

Here is my pumpkin cheesecake-- while trying to make it last year, I smoked up the entire house! This year, it worked out better-- apparently, I am at least capable of LEARNING. I went outside and picked a real leaf as a stencil for the powdered sugar. So again, looks great-- but just take a tiny piece if offered-- LOL.



Today's a busy day for me, but I do have planned weekend sales, twelve days of Christmas sales starting on December 1st, and of course, a free stitch-a-long. This still needs fleshing out, but "escapism" is definitely what we need this year, So I'm thinking of a fairy tale theme-- the medieval villagers, the king and queen, and all of the forest creatures bedecked for a jolly time.

"Once Upon a Time, CHRISTMAS"

The December Cottage of the Month will be on time-- the sentiment is JOY-- I also hope to get the finishing kit out shortly. Stitches of the Sea is in danger of falling behind-- I have lost myself on the eighth arm of an octopus. So I can see this dragging into next year, but not too badly. The FREE stitch-a-long is really more important this year-- don't you agree?

So, again, here is my wish to you for a most Happy Thanksgiving! Even if you are by yourself, lather the white meat, stuffing, and mashed potatoes with gravy and enjoy the parade on TV. And don't skip the ice cream on the pumpkin pie. Happy days will be here again.

xox

Carol




10 comments:

  1. Our Thanksgiving will be just me and hubby too........we decided it's better to be safe. First time I haven't bought a turkey.....just a turkey breast. Love your beautiful tablecloths. Next year will be better........have a great turkey day Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving day from Queensland, Australia. Hot and sunny here, and I'm thankful for all the people in the world with talents to share. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't think it's Thanksgiving for you so I can't say YOU TOO!
      But enjoy your gorgeous summer days-- my heart is with you. xox

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!!! Your decorations and cheesecake look FABULOUS!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, too, Dottie! There's a piece with your name on it-- a tiny piece! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations! I love to put quilts on my dinning room table but everyone is afraid to eat SO I bought a clear sheet of plastic and cover the quilt. Everyone is happy and love seeing the quilt and eating without worrying about making a spill. I got it at Lowe’s for a low price and they had different thicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the theme for the Christmas Stitch Along, sounds fantabulous! We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia however, hope you have a truly awesome day. Looking forward to new adventures with you in 2021. Lots of hugs to you Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your dinner was as tasty as your table was beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the "stitch along" but hoping the arms of the octopus don't hold you up too long :)

    ReplyDelete