Friday, December 31, 2021

Last Day of the Year!

      It's naturally a time to reflect on 2021... I don't have grandkids, so my camera roll is full of projects! It is sew fun to scroll through the year and see all that was accomplished. I fully intend to be kind to myself and let a few things roll into next year-- be kind to yourself, too!

   Here's how I stacked up... my goal was to complete twelve table runners and four quilts. Here they are!

1) January-- Fig Tree "Burgoyne Surrounded Tablerunner"-- check! On my dining room sideboard, as we speak!

2) February--Double Wide Dresdens-- these were sew fun to stitch together, and hand stitch down into blocks-- unfortunately, the fun of final assembly has yet to happen, so I'll move it to my January wish list.

3) March-- Cider Table runner-- this was from a Sew Sampler Box, and was my favorite ever project! Check! Done, with two matching pillows on my couch. I have since cancelled my boxes, and started the new Ribbon Runs Through It BOM-- the first month will ship soon and I can't wait! My neighbor will stitch with me-- sew fun!

4) April--Pears-- this was a Christmas gift-- heehee, and I was so excited in April to "finish it" so early, plus three cute accessory pears. It was never quilted and I regret is still languishing on a shelf. January, please help me!


5) May--Scrappy Carrot Table Runner-- my original goal was NOT to include things stitched for the business-- I lowered the bar for myself-- but this finish was too good not to pass up.

6) June was the birthday/Christmas gifted QOV-- CHECK!


7) July--Kitty Cat tablerunner-- gifted and gone-- CHECK-a-roni!


8) August-- Summer Twist-- still needs quilting-- but actually all my TWIST series does! I'm planning to do Winter Twist in the next couple of months-- probably not as a free giveaway, but as a complete, finished set. I just don't want it to drag on for five or six weeks.

9) September Snickerdoodle-- needs quilting-- seems like January I should just cement myself in front of the longarm. After I posted this pic on Facebook, someone saw A MISTAKE-- at the time, I was ready to kill-- I do have the patience to fix it, all these months later.

10) October-- Bats n Boos-- needs QUILTING!! I really love how this came out and will be on the lookout for more Fat Quartershop Free stitchalongs this coming year.




11) November-- Scrappy Oaks Table runner-- CHECK!


12) December-- I could say, all plans totally broke down this month, or I could count this cute pillow, or even the St. Petersburg table runner, which will be done momentarily! 

So that's seven out of twelve Fully Finished Objects-- and I'll give myself a pat on the back, especially since my stroll through the camera roll revealed other beautiful things I'm not even counting.


And Now for the Quilts-- I had hoped for four:

Alaska...

Cottage of the Month...


Coriander Christmas...

and Chickens!!

None are quilted, but I am really sew very proud of what I did get done this year. Yes, a lot of residual work to do, but all this was in addition to running a full time embroidery company! Looking ahead, I'm going to concentrate on quilting the beginning of the year, and instead of trying for a certain "number" of finishes, my resolution is more about focusing on ONE (or two!) things at at time and good use of time for 2022! Also, I have a lot of UFOs with a tremendous head start on them that I'd like to finish. Do you make sewing goals? It's a lot more fun than LOSING WEIGHT!!

Hope you get some joy out of looking through your own camera roll today-- thank you so much for being a part of my world this past year. I can honestly say that seeing your finished projects means more to me than any finish of my own.

Happy New Year!


3 comments:

  1. You've accomplished so much. Thank you for the finishing instructions and for the whole St. Petersburg Christmas. Looking forward to the birth month mug rugs.
    Have a great weekend and a safe and happy 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - so many beautiful projects! Happy 2022.

    ReplyDelete