Sunday, September 25, 2022

And that is that!

   We said our final goodbyes to 95... the Welcome Mat is now out for someone else! It's the end of a fifteen year happy chapter of my life, and it's going to take a bit of time to unpack all the boxes and also the emotions of the whole move.



     We entered the "Beverly Hillbillies" phase of the move a week ago--- there's the roof of the Madeleine dollhouse, my little pink stool to reach high stuff on shelves, the toaster, my grandma's beehive string holder-- all things I could not bear to part with, and which now don't fit into my downsized home. Well, the toaster will have to fit! 

       I was able to quickly set up shop in our new home... it's not too fancy, but spirits and hopes are high for the new "quiltopia" studio to be constructed over the garage. There is a little peek of my meadow-- I have a meadow now, full of wild flowers! Hopefully, my Girl Boss persona will return and this can be a sewing blog again, instead of a moving blog.


     Before I left, I managed to sneak up to my favorite Michael's store framing people and FFO'd this beauty! You may have seen this on Facebook or Instagram before I went and I really appreciate your comments on which frame you liked best. I went with the rich colors of fall-- the frame is slightly distressed, as I didn't want it to be too fancy for our little log guest cabin-- come on up!


     I am beyond tempted to start the "Summer Sampler" version-- all four seasons were designed by Sandy Orton in the 1990s and are still sold by Kooler Design Studio. We are now in MAINE-- I can certainly rationalize the summer sampler getting me through whatever winter we have to face! Here are all four of them-- hopefully I won't be able to find which box they are in for a few months, as the commitment of time is immense, to say the least!


     I am jumping in on Fat Quarter Shop's #autumnlovecrossstitch-- resistance broke down between loading heavy boxes into my car! This is another huge fall piece by Lori Holt-- it matches exactly a quilt she designed a couple of years ago. I already have my big Autumn piece, so I think I am going to just make little pillows out of a few of my favorite blocks, like I have seen done with some of Lori's stitch card designs. My friend Lainey advised me-- just do a little unpacking, then ALOT of sewing each day-- sounds like great advice! Be sure to check out the stitch-a-long on the Fat Quarter Shop website-- there is a matching project bag, the thread holder below, and a needle minder I still have in my cart, waiting. It just makes the whole journey so organized and happy.


     The October Birth Month Mug Rug came off without a hitch-- only two more to go! Yes, it's time to reawaken San Francisco Stitch-- summer was a good time to let things slide during the move, but I've been thinking of starting a free fall stitch-a-long to rev it up. It has to be super easy, though-- maybe I take the old Autumn Twist designs and convert them to cross stitch? Let me know if you have any fun and EASY thing to machine embroider this fall by commenting below!


Ready for wherever this new path leads... sort of!


xox
Carol

1 comment:

  1. having recently gone through the down size super move myself I certainly empathize. For me it was necessary to just power through all the hard stuff so that I could finally relax. A very intense four months but we love our new, small space and being closer to loved ones and old friends.

    ReplyDelete