Monday, October 23, 2023

It's Monday Morning! Time to put on your cape...

    

   So it is "technically" Week 3 of "FFOctober"... I didn't start until October 4th, so it's only fair to give myself until November 4th to finish up the list. This is the kind of equivocation that now comes into play as I see I have not gone in order at all and still have quite a bit to finish up. Here is my original list and where I stand-- I'm totally not counting EXTRA projects I have given myself during the course of the month. 

1. September Sew Sampler Box
2. Neighbor #5
3. Resilient Quilt 
4. Corn Pop Pillows
5. Pressed Flowers Block 6
6. Oval Table Runner
7. Mod Flower Box
8. Tree Farm Table Runner. 
9. Fruit Cocktail Table Runner-
10. Spooky Box. 


    Not to be discouraged... I do intend to put my shoulder to the wheel this week. #3, #4, #6, and #7 are all pretty much binding jobs and I did find the pack of missing fabric for them. (It was unopened under a large pile of mail-- yes, I was looking right at it, but in my mind I was looking for something "bigger" than it was in real life.)

     Neighbor #5 is two seams from a finish-- but I intended these for wall hangings, and I thought they would be more vertical than squarish in the end? I can picture a nice row of tiny Churn Dash blocks across the top-- please comment to either confirm, or dissuade me from the extra work. Maybe they are more vertical, but don't look it because I sewed two together? At any rate, my longarmer has created a monster by explaining how I can save a $50 set up fee by stitching two things together.


   #3 Resilient just needs borders-- now found in my pack of fabric. I'm also doing a quick personalization on it. Really close and then also heading out to the longarmer...


 #4, #6, and #7 need bindings-- then a FINISH-- the Pressed Flower Block of the Month! I was up to date for almost three days until pattern #7 came in the mail.


     I also pulled the Spooky Box, #10, out of the hat! Never thought I'd get to it-- hee,hee, but honestly as a shiny NEW project, I should have put it first! That being said, it was a royal pain to put together-- my fault, not the instructions. I wish I had paid a little more attention to them. All's well that ends well, and I do have enough leftovers for a "baby ghost" extra project...

    The Tree Farm Table Runner is likely to be finished, not so much the Fruit Cocktail. 9 out of 10 finishes would be pretty good for FFOctober, wouldn't it?

     Today I have the later than I'd like November Bowl Fillers to stitch out-- the glory of machine embroidery, if you haven't already discovered it, is-- TWO machines running at once. So I definitely will have a chunk of time today for sewing.


    In the obstacles department, the October Sew Sampler Box came in-- yes, it was the Lighthearted fabric I was not excited about. So I hate to be a whiner, but it's just so... PINK! And so Valentines-y--the provided pattern is even a heart.


    What I am thankful for is not two, but THREE charm packs, this month... if there was ever a good year to do a Sew Sampler Box Challenge-- it has certainly been this year. Fat Quarter Shop has bent over backwards to hit these out of the park. I am paying $36.55 shipped and three charm packs would have been $36 right there, plus there is plenty more in this box AND a generous coupon. (I do not get a commission for selling these boxes, in case you wondered.)



   That being said, it's totally not worth it if you don't like the fabric, is it? So forget the pink-- SEE all those reds and greens in Lighthearted? I found the PERFECT charm pack Christmas tree pattern to use my squares for. (FREE at Fat Quarter Shop, I might add-- link below) So here's my plan-- and I am now sew excited about this fabric, those binding jobs are really going to be in trouble today.

     And more distractions... outside the sewing room, we are at peak of our fall color-- there's been plenty of fall cleanup jobs to fill the time.


This week promises temperatures in the 60s, which is great for here in Western Maine. 


Gardens need a cleanout, boats need to be stored, and patio furniture brought in. I love these jobs-- so, nostalgic, every year.


So lets' see what happens-- 
it's Monday morning, time to put on our capes, and launch in to everything a new week brings.

xoxo


4 comments:

  1. Woohoo, a squirrel for the 3rd bowl filler (that was my vote, lol). I finally found some sewing mojo, and worked on two of October's and one Halloween bowl filler and then my machine had to go in for service (that was at my Arizona house). I'm back in Texas with my smaller machine, so I might get more Halloween ones finished this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of little churn dashes across the top. So fun!! LOVE the preview for the November bowl fillers - "sew" cute! Wishing you all the best with all you have going. The fall clean-ups were always distracting to me - looking at all the beautiful colors, including the beautiful blue skies (I think I spent a lot of time day dreaming, LOL). XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to your blog and I'm always amazed at how much you get accomplished.............your work is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Churn dash blocks are one of my favorites, so of course they would look great. I love the idea of using the Christmas tree pattern for the sew sampler charm packs, I may do the same!

    ReplyDelete