Saturday, September 28, 2019

Indian Summer

We have been having the most incredible wave of weather... 
in the 70s with low humidity and piercing blue skies!


The thing I love after machine embroidery is gardening... 
(best of all is digitizing flowers.)
I frequently take walks around the house for inspiration...
that's my green "thinking chair" on the front porch.


It has been a great year for the gardens, but all around there are signs that summer is once again coming to a close.


I have knuckled down to start fall designs and have had some nice finishes this past month.

  
Food is just as much fun to digitize as flowers, come to think of it!




There are two types of people in this world:
those who like pumpkin spice and those who do not. Guess which camp I fall into?  Which do you? This is going to be both my Halloween and Thanksgiving centerpiece:




For the Halloween Special Edition Cross Stitch, I experimented and turned mine into, not a pumpkin, but a postcard. We are working on some sets that would fall into the category of "Finishing Kits." For example, you could take any embroidery stitch out and then use a "Mug Rug Maker" to turn it into an ITH mug rug, or a postcard.... This isn't available yet, but be sure to comment if you think you would be interested and what you would like to make out of your stitch outs.


In non-SFO sewing, I also had two nice finishes!


There is a little boy who has waited HIS WHOLE LIFE for this quilt... can you guess what state he lives in? Yes-- it's the one that has Quilt Market! And guess who is flying down that week to deliver this quilt!!


Out of 12 Frivols kits, I just finished my fourth one--- I'm not going in order, but this matched my daughters new apartment, oh so  perfectly! It is kit #12 and is made up of Editya Sitar fabrics-- Blue Barn, I believe. When I decided to buy all the Frivols after the fact, most were half price, but this one was DOUBLE!! Maybe by the end of the series they were not selling as well and so they didn't make as many.



So there are just a few random thoughts as one fall day, 
happily and beautifully, passes into the next.

xox
Carol




9 comments:

  1. What a lovely yard you have! I can see why you find inspiration there. I love the thought of the postcards but wonder what condition they would arrive in after going thru the post? Your little friend will love his quilt! Don't kow where you find the time to do all of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for sharing - love that quilt that's heading to Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely garden! Love the idea of the “finishing kits”!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yard & garden........I hope you have a gardener to help you with it.....if not when do you have time to digitize?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bea-- yes, basically I have had the same guy for 36 years... he does the lawn and shrubs and I do the flowers. Some years have been better than others, but overall I couldn't be happier, so I'm sticking with it! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Wowsers! What a yard! I would be so inspired there, I would never leave, lol! Thanks for the share and am thankful for your fun and amazing creations. Wish I had time to sew them all out! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely yard. Will the postcard "Forever Wings" designed 2008 work, Larger? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such beautiful work & I look forward to your blog posts every month. Your yard is gorgeous & I love the landscaping with all the hydrangeas & trees. Very inspiring!
    Thanks for sharing,..Barb

    ReplyDelete