Sunday, March 25, 2018

Time flies...

If you ever think that time flies, just start a blog! You decide to post once a week,  and WHOOPS... over a month goes by!

So where have I been? Mostly, in my sewing room, trying to finish the coffee art quilting in between power outs. It got so bad in New England here, that I had to ask for an extension. I absolutely hate being a problem person, but it's a role I seem to increasingly find myself in. I finally finished the quilting, with only blocking and binding to go. I know I said no more sneak peeks, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time the Vetruvian Man has ever been quilted... at least with a cup of coffee on his head. 


Then I promised to show you the state of my Bouquet quilt... and since I said that a month ago, it hasn't changed at all! 


I got a lot done in January... I didn't follow my own instructions on the first two blocks and had some pleats on the back of the crocuses and daffodils, so those had to be done over. Then I finished the border pieces... except... the one in the corner. As I was just congratulating myself for completing all of those pieces, I realized the white on white words on that one were upside down. You can't see it here, but I can't live with it. So as soon as the coffee ships to MQX, I'm rolling back in to this. I have seen some gorgeous finished customer quilts on our Facebook page-- it seems like mine should be done, too!

Then, I had to get the Cloud Club done-- to thank you for visiting my blog today, here's a peek:
I love drawing and digitizing these, but they take a lot of testing. The robin will be for sale Monday morning. 

And... I had scheduled a trip to AQS Lancaster last fall. It was on my bucket list, and I hadn't been to one of their shows in four years. As luck would have it, the snow followed us down but we made it!


The drive was really stressful at the end, slippin' and slidin' over the rivers and hills of beautiful Pennsylvania Dutch country. But I assure you that I was calm and rested by the time we got to the show, and and the look on my face in this photo is strictly because of bad lighting. :-)


No ribbon this time... I have to say, after my good luck at Fall Paducah, I'm over it. It is some one else's turn. I finally got to see Kathy McNeill's beautiful horses, and no ribbon there either. So the best reason to enter these shows remains the fact that once entered, you must go visit them at the show!

I came back with tons of photos and it's fun to post some of the ones that you don't see often on line... I will do that before another month passes, I promise!
This is "Papaver and Asplenium" by Karen Hull Sienk... stunning, and very much deserving of a ribbon. 

xox

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your trip to Lancaster - sorry about the slipping and sliding!! Hopefully spring is "just around the corner"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a great time. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Kathy McNeill didn't win a ribbon- the horses are amazing.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete