Tuesday, August 27, 2019

More Local Guild Faves...

It's hard to believe after a year of planning, the Bayberry Quilter's of Cape Cod annual quilt show is over in just three short days! I always heavily photograph the entire thing for later enjoyment... as I said before, the ones that don't get ribbons are as good as the ones that do. Here are a few of my favorites.




I LOVE piecing... it's actually what attracted me to this "sport" in the first place. These two quilts were EXQUISITELY pieced.

Above: "Orca Bay Revisited'" by Paula Faria

Below: "Sea Swept'" by Ann Bermingham, 
Quilted by April Gillroy




Another pieced beauty, but I especially LOVE this because I am making it... it was a BOM pattern in 2017(?) by Inspiring Stitches called Heartland Heritage. 

What's not to love about sewing machines?

I got halfway, but got hung up on the Old English Sheepdogs-- I thought my quilt should have cats.
Really tempted  to pull this out again. It looks so much better FINISHED.

"Heartland Heritage" by Donna Fitzpatrick




Another pieced beauty and I always love a good quilt name...
"Escargot'" by Mary Spurr



These fish were in the Wall Hanging Category... they jumped right out at you when you walked in--no pun intended. Simple and sensational. The fabric are SO perfectly chosen.

"Swim Team" by Carol Green-Weishaupt




Now this was my Best-in-Show bet-- it didn't win, but we're all entitled to our opinion, aren't we!

This is one of those Pearl Pereira Baltimore Album quilts.
 I mean, just for finishing it... 

but so well done and also "By The Sea" was our show theme. I believe it did get a blue ribbon at least.

"The Octopuses Garden" by Sandra Davidson



Those seahorses!



More pieced beauty... I'm feeling a medallion quilt next year? 
But not HAND QUILTED, like this one!

"Confetti Explosion," Mary Ann Karpinski




Those who know me, know I love Christmas. So this was just the most heartfelt thing, with dozen of charms and beads attached. I kept going back to it.

"Dad's Christmas Tree," by Kathleen Andreoli



A fabulous art piece. 
"Bits and Pieces," by Jean Howe
 



This should have gotten a special award for "Best Cape Cod Quilt"!

"Whale Tail" by Pat Murphy





Here is a fabulous flower that did get a special award. I think you could call me this person's fan, because every time I fall in love with something unusual and gorgeous, it's hers. This belongs in an art gallery, next to Georgia O'Keefe.

"How We Met," by Cathy Papazian



This is Cathy's bike. I mean, just look at those people. I hope this person has considered entering the national show circuit.

"Kaleidoscope," Cathy Papazian




If you want to applique a gorgeous flower basket, but have no needle turn skills, never fear. Look at these clever pieced flower blocks and buttons! Clever.

"From My Garden," by Cindy Ehrenreich





Now this is machine embroidery-- I was asked by the show chairperson if we should have a machine embroidery category, and responded that I didn't think there would be enough entries. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. I guess the only fault here is that they aren't San Francisco Stitch Co. designs!

"Hop To It," by Lois Johnson





I've been obsessed with the orange peel pattern for quite a while. What a stunning setting for someone who does have some applique skills-- this is also in the hand quilted category--

"Bird Orangery" by Mary Ann Karpinski



"Long Winter" by Nancy Mueller




 "Retro Truck Christmas Tree" by Dawn Gauthier


An example of how machine embroidery makes the quilt.



And now we end with beautiful swans...
"Seven Swans" by Nancy McConnell




The quilt below was a gift to Nancy who was our guild president for two years-- not only did we have to move our meetings, but we had to move the quilt show, too! Boy, did she earn it. Quite a few people worked on this, but you could never tell-- it's one harmonious quilt. A treasure.



All in all there were more than 300 quilts at the show. There is nothing better to me than to see the work of all these people, beginners, advanced, traditional, modern, fiber artists-- all pouring out love in needle and thread. A true inspiration. See you next year!

xox
Carol


2 comments:

  1. They are all Beautiful. I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful quilts and so much inspiration. Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete