Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Mug Rug Maker

We just released a brand new set and we're more excited than usual!

This one is very different then others-- instead of being a new project to START, it's one geared to help FINISHING projects!

It all started when we got behind on finishing our 
Cross-Stitches-of-the-Month. How easy would it be to just digitize that quilting and do it in the hoop?



Yes, it was SEW EASY! We're kind of committed to hand binding this series, but for those of you who aren't, we expanded the file to include a backing that is stitched on, so you can just turn it right side out for PERFECT edges.


This was the first mug rug we completed with this idea-- 
made with a 6" Lori Holt Vintage Farm Girl Block for a Farm Girl Quilt that we may or may not ever finish. Well, the Mug Rug was done in five minutes!

Then, we checked out a bin we keep in the corner with test stitch outs. That bin is overflowing like Niagara Falls. It wasn't long before we found a "Lovely Letter" from last year that was too pretty to throw out....

And another five minutes later...


We were now pretty addicted... a couple of months ago, I found this towel in the clearance bin at Anthropologie (love that store.)


It's frankly a bit dainty for my house...  like, you'd use it to polish up your champagne glasses when your girlfriends are over.
Well, my entertaining lately has been a bunch of hungry 20-somethings licking up BBQ sauce. 

No, the dainty cloth wasn't really useful here.

So this happened...


And then this!


And finally this...


All within an hour!

Eventually, we had six different quilting patterns and four different sizes to fit every hoop and finish most smaller UFOs... LOL.

So check it out...
Gift giving season is on it's way,  and you'll have SEW much fun finding ways to use this kit... and it will never go out of style, either!



Next, we are going to design the "Postcard Maker."
If you remember from the last post, we stitched our Halloween Cross Stitch as a postcard.


The next step is, I'm taking it to the post office to see if 
#1 they will take it and  
#2 it gets back to me!
If not, it's probably just a matter of sticking it in a envelope, because it's just too cute to not make the set.

Stay tuned.

In other exciting news, we've decided to start our own YouTube show! Yes-- the set is almost ready-- (it is recommended to be in a corner for some reason.) As soon as I get confident, The SFO team will get into production and show how to make some of these wonderful things, and also get to know you all better. We even have a couple of guest stars in mind! 



Finally, because some of you have been so kind to ask how my cross stitch stocking is coming, I have to admit I don't think it's going to be ready this year! It's not that I put it away again, but the back stitching is FOREVER. I'm totally at peace with it-- I still think it will be finished this winter.

But as I have been cleaning out the office for the movie set, 
look what I found!


 I knew I had this somewhere-- it was rolled up in a plastic scrap booking box. Completely finished, by me, in 1996!!


To decorate the new studio, I decided to finally take it to Michaels for framing. It was pretty incredible-- they scanned it and were able to show me on a computer screen exactly what it would look like with the frame and mats I chose.

And here it is!!


It just makes me sew happy...

but even with 70% off, I guess you can imagine it still cost a fortune.

But don't worry, as I told Mr. SFO...




I saved $450!!!

xox
Carol

3 comments:

  1. So much good stuff! Love the rug mug idea! I have a huge box of really cool samples and designer fabrics that are coming out for quickie gifts!! Never too many rug mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making Mug Rug Maker kit. Neat ideas!! Your hand embroidery is beautiful & looks great in the frame. I look forward to the instructional videos..Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete