Friday, August 14, 2020

Craftopia

 I promised myself no more pictures of Sew In Love until it was finished and here it is!


I missed my Sunday deadline to post for #capehangaquiltday, but if you told me I would have a year-long block of the month finished in three months, I wouldn't have believed it.

I don't enjoy sewing together long rows, so I worked very patiently while it gained weight, continually slipped off the table, pins and more pins, etc. etc. I even graciously stopped to help my dear daughter mend her favorite pjs, taking the time to hand her a safety pin.

I will get a more glamorous picture when it is done, done-- quilted. It is beautiful, and all the credit goes to Laundry Basket Quilts and the lovely Editya Sitar. <3

I had another finish this week, too!


It is my Mill Hill Halloween ornament! If you ever have the hankering to once again try cross stitch, I highly recommend these cute little mini kits. The kit had everything I needed-- fabric, needles, floss, beads, instructions, and even a cute little "treasure"-- who doesn't love treasure-- a tiny glass pumpkin.

This was about a two week project-- and there really isn't any opportunity to accesorize it and make it into a four year project as I so love to do, heehee.

There is almost enough floss and beads left to make a second one-- if you'd like to get a little something in the mail, just comment below that you'd like to make one and I will have a little drawing for the leftovers. The only thing missing is the glass pumpkin, but I will even throw in a piece of Aida to make your own. It's just a little something to thank you for reading my blog. Just check back on Monday to see if you won. xoxo

I started right into the second ornament-- these were sold as a pair.


The "treasure" this time is a black star button-- it's a bit hard to see in the picture. I have tiny frames for them and am scouting a location in my house for a Halloween display-- they might even stay up longer, they are just that cute.

Since the pandemic, the projects here just keep multiplying, especially with the ability to go back into stores. I was there the day Michael's opened for the first time in months and the love and camaradie with my fellow shoppers was truly touching.

In that spirit, I could no longer pass this chunky yarn up.  I'm sure you have seen this in Aisle 12... size 50 needles are required.

It is a universal maxim that little things are always cute, but this proves chunky, fat things are just as cute, too... a very comforting thought during quarantine!

It's not as cute to knit with though-- for once, I need bigger hands. I had to restart three times before turning the project over to my daughter. It's just a big rectangle that folds into a pillow.

All this activity has caused Mr. SFO to rename the house "Craftopia," and in that spirit, I give you this last finish...


This one, my daughter found in Aisle 3... I LOVE IT!


It is a giant Perler bead design-- never, I repeat never, has a huge ironing board surface come in so handy!

Now let's get out there and make those crafts!


xox

Carol


5 comments:

  1. Sew in Love is SEW beautiful!! Congratulations on a great finish.

    The Halloween ornaments are so cute, and, who doesn't LOVE WONDER WOMAN!!

    The chunky yarn looks so cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Halloween ornaments are so cute! I have recently started cross stitching for the first time since the 90s, I think. I am having so much fun doing it and have completed 6 projects. Now to frame them... Thanks for all your wonderful machine cross stitch designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Halloween house. I used to needlepoint before quilting took over my life in 1975. There was a company that sold complete kits for 6 inch pieces. If I remember correctly, it included the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! Congratulations on the finish! I would love to make the Halloween house. How will you frame it? Halloween is right around the corner !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations MOM! You have won the Halloween House kit. Please email us your address privately at admin@sanfranciscostitchco.com and we'll get it off in the mail! xoxo

      Delete