Thursday, December 17, 2020

It's beginning to look a lot like...

As we are currently and ironically now located in Southeastern Mass, we were set to get slammed overnight with snowstorm "Gail." The kid in me was super pysched to get our first nor'easter in two years; the adult in me, well, there is no adult in me.

So waking up this morning to the sound of plows at 5:00am, I was deflated to see this so far:


My deck railing serves as the only weather instrument I've ever needed, and the report is "snow mixed with rain." It's supposed to get colder again today and so it might turn back to snow...

Until then, it's a pretty enough picture outside, and I am set for a nice day of embroidery and sewing from the safety of my house. 



First up today-- a bit of work on the finishing kit for 
Cottages of the Month!


I hope you saw that the final block is posted and on intro price today!
There is a quilt block, mug rug, and postcard version-- just make a single for a fabulous Christmas gift or get ready for an even more amazing quilt!



I am generally a humble person-- but I have to admit the twelfth block came pretty close to being labeled PRIDE-- hee, hee. It is a proud moment to see the twelve cottages finished. When I think of the hardships of the past year, the blocks reminded me of that Bible verse... "Whatever things are true, whatever things are lovely-- think on these things." Well, it makes we want to CRY because making these cottages with each sentiment kind of saved me in some tough moments this year. 

The sashings are designed,  but the measurements for cutting are a little odd due to the fact that embroidery shrinks a bit. No worries-- the instructions have now marinated and I have come up with an ingenious and oh, sew easy method of dealing with it-- hope to release this in early in January.

Next up, for a little attention today, is Block 4 of my Coriander Christmas BOM-- I saw that Block 5 has shipped and it's important to me to think I'm keeping up! There is NO CHANCE the mailman will get it here today, so as of this writing I'm still ahead.

Block 4, to me, is very peculiar looking, and that's not a bad thing-- it just looks like it wants to be Santa hats or something. 



These are big 18" blocks and you only need one of each, so one a month has been easy to keep up with. Unfortunately, my big table is covered with too many things right now!


So after that gets together, I have a couple of stockings to make-- last year, the girls in my family got stockings, and this year it is the guys' turn. As I finish them, I'll be able to post pictures of them, since the men in my family don't realize they are featured weekly in a blog with a worldwide audience.


Here is the classic family picture of the Duffys loading up their horse and sleigh with the yuletide tree... I had the foresight to marry a boy scout who can tie a tree up on a car roof in no time... it was freezing! And that is my dear daughter, who is weathering out the Covid crisis back at home, and who is always happily ready to pose for a picture. 


She has brought so much joy back to this house in spite of the circumstances, single handedly getting us Christmas ready, since you folks kept me very busy with December's  Daily Deals...

a smashing hit this year!


When doing the sales in the past, it has mostly been about finding out which sets are the favorites in planning for next year... well, the support for absolutely everything, every day-- Christmas, cross stitch, birds, flowers, mug rugs-- was truly heartwarming.


Thank you all for you support...

Some of you came back day after day,
as if you single-handedly wanted to keep us in
business for another year!

For that, I truly wish for you a long life--
it's a fact--some of you will need it to be able to stitch out all that you downloaded.

Thank you all so very much.

xox

Carol

3 comments:

  1. So many beautiful things! Thank you for keeping us inspired this year. Your creativity is very appreciated! Merry Christmas to the Duffys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So manyvery beautiful and awesome designs from a special and unique friend ... thank you Carol for keeping our minds off the covid and onto our passion of embroidery - absolutely love the cottage blocks and am just now stitching out 'JOY' my middle name!!! you still could do another smaller one with 'pride' and make it as a label!!! - supergreat to see your lovely family too, you must be ever so proud as I am to have you as my friend.
    Have a fun Christmas with your family and take some time off to 'smell the roses' loving hugs always from your Aussie friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seasons Greetings to the cold and snowy Duffy household ... from the hot and humid Morrow household Down Under. Thanks, Carol, for your devotion to satisfying our creative urges and our desires to produce something beautiful. You are a true talent. (I'd resisted joining the cross stitch monthly block set .... but I don't think I can hold out much longer. They are gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete