Friday, April 8, 2022

Thwarted!

      So I started the year with all the best laid plans and enthusiasm, then settled in to a nice routine...  now I'm THWARTED!  Mr. SFO and I went for a spur of the moment road trip up to Maine last weekend, where I picked up a nasty cold. It's a wonder I consent to travel at all anymore beyond the grocery store-- I come back sick every time. Were those mountain vistas worth it?  'Fraid not.

     You know it's bad when you can't even sew... and nowadays there is the haunting question--  (am I going to end up on a ventilator...) 

     I did test negative and seem to be a bit on the upswing today, so I'm hopeful I have a few sewing years ahead of me to tackle all that collected fabric and kits. Not much to really say in this blog post though... it's going to be more of a place marker.

    The Gypsies are on their way! We had planned to do Facetime as they passed under this famous arch in Amicalola Falls, GA that marks the approach trail... I was asleep in bed! So disappointing after watching all the hard work and prep that went into this.


They are now just a number...


That's how many people are ahead of them on the trail. It's a big year, as the trail was partly shut down through the pandemic. Halfway through the hike, you re-register in West Virginia, I believe, and your new number will reflect how many are still on the way up. Only 20% make it-- I am completely sure they will be in that group. :-)

If you are an Instagram fan, Caroline is @cloudonamountain and Evan is @gypsytrails_NH. Cell service appears to be pretty good along the trail, and I'm sure they will put a post up on Instie every day. On YouTube, I believe they are doing once a week videos. If you're like me, vowing to never leave home again, it should be fun to watch. If, due to the price of gas, we all end up hiking from here to there, it should be inspirational.

This is, I'm sad to say, the only sewing I have to show for myself for a week now! I guess it's just one piece in the middle... those other corners are only cut out!


    The Ribbon Runs Through It delivery is late again anyway. I had hoped to be able to use the overly generous fabric the Fat Quarter Shop provides to do Block 9 and stay on schedule. Unfortunately, I didn't have one of the fabrics needed yet. The designer provided this great layout sheet which I have blurred to not give away the pattern. It is SO helpful, and so far, no badly rotated half square triangles have happened.

     So that's the sad state of affairs in my world. It happens to us all, but when I'm sick, I make sure everyone knows it!! That is so much preferable to me, than these people who keep it to themselves!! I once had someone throw up in my car, without a single mention of my stomach feels sick.

    I'm just about ready for another coughing fit and another two hours on the couch-- no, I haven't even been able to cross stitch, not even a little!

    Hoping for a miracle cure soon-- all the best to you, my friends. There is always tomorrow.

xox
Carol



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness.....so sorry you're under the weather - nothing worse than feeling miserable. Feel better soon and GET WELL. Take care of yourself. XOXO

    ReplyDelete