Friday, December 23, 2022

A Very Merry Christmas to all!

    Two days to go! I'm posting this Christmas greeting early to make sure we can send our best wishes to you-- we are in the cross hairs of winter storm Elliot and are bound to lose power today. Not to mention that I have a whole roomful of Christmas gifts to wrap, and a dinner to plan, and a guest bedroom to prepare!

    Thank you SEW much for your business this past year-- 2022 has been another doozy, hasn't it! We are especially grateful for the huge response to our Christmas sales which very much made up for time lost this year with the move and in caring for my mom. We had also asked everyone to FOLLOW our blog when Winter Twist 1 released, and you can see the benefits of that to the right-- over 400 new followers, and about half also subscribed to emails as well-- THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

    So without further ado, we'd just like to say the entire Winter Twist series will be free until the end of January-- including the finishing kit! Tell your embroidery friends. Block 2 is ready for download-- it's "The Snow Baron!" a gorgeous Snowy Owl looking over Sugar Meadow while the snow falls. The link is below-- you can bookmark the web page to quickly check back for Blocks 3 and 4 in January. We hope Santa brings you a brand new embroidery machine to stitch the owl on!-- or at least that you have a few peaceful moments over the next week for some sewing time.

Read on for some clues about the next block.... 

We had said that all of the creatures in this series will be white, and we had a volunteer! In the meadow yesterday, we had an ERMINE! I had to look it up-- I've honestly never seen one before-- it's also called a STOAT. I don't know which they call it in Maine. 


Sorry for the blurry photo-- the little guy was moving so fast, all I could do was click and hope I caught something! So cute!


This was my best action shot...


This was Mr. SFO's shot... :-)


(Words cannot express how I love that man... standing at the window for twenty minutes trying to take a picture of an ermine with me. I am so blessed. xoxo)

So you can be sure to see an Ermine in Block Three-- if you have an idea for a white winter animal for Block Four, just pop it in below in the comments... unless we get more volunteers in the meadow, I'm not sure what it will be yet.

If you are in this stitch-a-long for more than a free design, please join our private Facebook group for some friendship, to meet fellow stitchers, chat, and post pictures of your blocks! We have had quite a few polar bears last week that are all completely different-- it's fun to see all the different fabrics that were chosen. That is here:



So that's a wrap for our 2022 Christmas season...
Thank you so much for joining us in 2022, and we look forward to stitching with you in 2023.

A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

xoxo
Carol



24 comments:

  1. Thanks so very, very much!!! And, Merry Christmas to y'all from a COLD Texas Panhandle. As far as another white animal, my first thought was a little bunny (snowshoe hare comes to mind). That ermine is so adorable!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design. Thank you for giving it away for free. Very generous.

    I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

    Darlene Sewista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the free stitch along! Love the photos! How about an Arctic Fox for block 4?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about an arctic fox?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I love both of these and cannot wait to see the ermine. (Squee! what a fun creature)
    I understand about the blessed. My sweetie stood watching a puffed up Anna's hummingbird with me as the weather dropped to temps we don't often see in Oregon. He's helping me rotate the feeders every few hours so he has a consistent supply of nutrition to get him through these unusually cold days because our "thawer" isn't warm enough right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The winter Twist is so beautiful, you picked the perfect animals so far, including the #3. That one will fit right in. Thank you for this wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for these beautiful designs, Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the beautiful snowy owl! Merry Christmas to everyone: family and guests. The ermine is adorable; for a fourth block I would suggest an Arctic Fox for they are white in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the beautiful designs with more creativity to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, the owl is beautiful! I kept my colors together that I used on the polar bear block, so I'm ready to stitch away on block 2 :-) The ermine will be adorable for the next block. I like the ideas others have suggested of either a bunny or arctic fox, but I also love the idea of a majestic white horse in the snow for block 4. Stay warm and safe in the cold! Our Texas house got down to 9 degrees last night, but we're currently at our Arizona home, where we have a balmy 60 degrees today. We're at about 4600 ft elevation, so it is chilly at night, but I'm appreciating the warm-ish sunshine while I can. A very Merry Christmas to you and Mr SFO and the rest of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas. Love the owl. We had owls that roosted in the bell tower of the chapel at my college in Moraga. I know there were barn owls and I think great horned owls, but I swear I remember seeing at least 1 white owl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful designs so far! I was thinking a white reindeer or an arctic fox would be nice. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have hundreds of white geese visiting our fields and shores in southern Delaware every winter. I like the idea of a white rabbit too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Snowy Owl is gorgeous, thank you so much. Wishing you and your family a happy, joyous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pictures are great. Merry christmas! How about a white artic fox!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas! There are albino deer in Northern Wisconsin.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas to all of San Francisco Stitch Co. I appreciate the pictures of the Ermine, never saw one before. Enjoy the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for these beautiful designs and for the beautiful pictures. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in southwestern Ontario where we are in the middle of a crazy blizzard so I certainly enjoyed your winter designs. I look forward to what you add to the collection. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw a flock of snow geese the other day...they were gorgeous. I did look up white winter animals and also found these: Peary Caribou, Collard Lemmings, Siberian Hamsters and Ptarmigans. Who knew there were so many!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the idea someone else mentioned of a white reindeer!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for the beautiful owl...I need to pop back and get the other 3! I love all the wonderful patterns. I have bought so many already so 2023 will hopefully find me stitching them all up! I need to catch up before I start buying more for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We spent a winter in Alaska after retiring and loved seeing the willow ptarmigan, Alaska's state bird, molts its brown summer plumage for a set of white winter feathers. The ptarmigan would be perfect for this project. Thank you for the first two designs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you kindly for this lovely design of a winter bear.

    ReplyDelete