Sunday, October 18, 2020

Loss

 2020 continues its bitter course...


my extended family has had a loss. 


Not like a grandparent, who you are sorry to see go
but who has had a full and joyous life... 


...but someone who had years ahead of them as a husband, a father, a brother, an uncle-- that will now never be enjoyed.


After two years of suffering, when you think you have no tears left, 
you can always surprisingly shed a few more. 

We went back to the part of the country where we shared so many years together.  It is comforting to see things that have been there  even before that person was still alive. 


Nothing lasts forever,


but we still hope.


And I always come back to my sewing room, where the stitches bring comfort, hour after hour.


xox

Carol


15 comments:

  1. So very, very sorry Carol......Sending you lots of hugs and prayers for comfort. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this has happened, but hope springs eternal. Prayers for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for you loss. What wonderful memories in your beautiful photos to recall his presence in your life. And how grateful you must be that you can find comfort in your sewing. Blessings to you and your family. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. Prayers and blessings for you and your family. Hope your hearts heal fast and you remember the good times together. {Sewing is therapy and a comfort in hard times.}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara in Sequim,WaOctober 18, 2020 at 1:52 PM

    So sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and yours. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. condolences to you and yours. Prayers being lifted up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your loss. The photo looks like Pennsylvania. I’ve seen a couple of your quilts in person at VQF. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry Carol. May his memory be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss & my prayers will be with you. May the memories you have bring you comfort during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I did not realise something had happened when i sent an email. Take care at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I am seeing this for the first time! Sending my prayers and heartfelt sorrow for your loss. I wish for you solace in the wonderful memories you have to cherish. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry Carol, take the time you need to heal. Loving thoughts of the time you have spent together need to flow through your thoughts for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sad to hear of your loss. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete