Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Star of Wonder-- all up to date!

      I'm so proud to say I AM KEEPING UP with Fat Quarter Shop's quilt AND cross stitch FREE patterns-- here's my Cross Stitch:

   Each week I'm giving a tip-- these light green leaves are not symmetrical-- so if that bothers your OCD, just fill in two missing stitches, one in the tip part of the leaf, and one in the first set of lobes, and stitch them all that way. (If you don't know what I'm talking about ignore me-- and congratulations, you don't have OCD.) I'm not sure if it bothers me-- the star arrangement wasn't symmetrical, either, so I'm stitching as is. There's always the opportunity to go back later and add the stitches. 

     This cross stitch is SEW easy to keep up with-- I got one leaf done in an hour and did them over four days. It's the perfect stitch for summer, and I will have a gorgeous Christmas present ready for someone at the end of the year.


     Here's my Release 2 of the quilt blocks-- this week's installment was even easier to get done than the cross stitch-- four log cabin-ish blocks. So what tip is there even to give? I know-- just sit down and DO IT if you haven't started this quilt yet. Then, you can make up Release One's star at the end. 

    Rumor has it these are corner blocks-- I'm not sure of the arrangement, though. I SEW hope there is a flying goose border around the outside-- the cross stitch makes it look like there is, but the quilt is already departing from the cross stitch design, if you notice.



     Thank you so much to the Fat Quarter Shop for providing these free patterns for some summer fun!

Here is the link to the FREE patterns on their website:
Star of Wonder FREE Patterns

    And one last thing-- I told you how it's like summer camp, here on the lake in Maine-- if I finish both stitches on schedule, I am treating myself to this gorgeous pin minder-- consider it a "merit badge" I earned in the Craft Cabin! Aren't I ridiculous?-- but I only went to summer camp once, and came home with no badges. 

It's never too late-- for anything.


xox
Carol



1 comment:

  1. I think it's BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations on keeping up. XOXO Dottie

    ReplyDelete