Monday, July 29, 2024

The Endless Summer Sails On!

      I mentioned in an earlier post how summer is not going by too quickly for me and I am having the summer of my life! Currently, I am about to board a flight to Florida to start a major road trip with my sister. 

     I don't have much time, but just wanted to give a quick update and tell you what we're going to be up to when I get back. There's plenty of summer left!

    First of all, My Star of Wonder cross stitch is a FULLY FINISHED OBJECT! And I'm going to make sure yours will be, too.


        It only took me an hour and a half to make this cute 12"pillow.  I'm going to write a tutorial on how I made this when I get back in about a week or so, so work on your Release Five this week and finish it up! I have a box full of my own San Fran cross stitch designs I'd now love to go back and FFO. I'm thinking of my cross stitch ABC pieces in particular-- wouldn't take much, when I see how quick this went together!

     The Star of Wonder quilt has languished, but I did get Week 3 cut yesterday. The Release #5 finish was came out this morning-- it's just a border. I LOVE IT.


Star of Wonder FREE Patterns from Fat Quarter Shop

     I did buy the kit, but just couldn't keep up-- so it's going to be "Christmas in August" as well here-- I'm taking a month off of Sew Sampler boxes and finishing this instead. Click the link above to be taken to the patterns and you can start your own Christmas projects while there's plenty of time!

     I finished my Peach Preserves from the June Sew Sampler box-- so proud of myself, lining up all those diamonds! I hope I make another project with diamonds very soon-- the box included a tiny ruler to help.


    Then, I went to the Maine Quilt Show and took lots of pictures! It was a great show--- many, many beautifully conceived and executed pieces. I'll get them all into a post next month. This is the Best in Show-- "What Do You Think About My Blanket Tweatment?" by Christine Wickert. (Apparently, there is Tweety Bird fabric in there. All hand quilted.)


  I will show you what I bought (sigh) at the vendors!


    Then, we really need to do a little farm report. If you have ever dreamed of owning a homestead farm in the middle of nowhere, just leave it to me. I'll give you all the facts, no sugar coating, so you can remain in your gated community with pickleball courts, pools, and maintenance guys. My DD got stung by an ungrateful bee-- I bought this to encourage her to get back on the horse.


    I am trying my best to get Village #7 out before I go-- check the website and see if I succeeded. For July, we're catching waves at the beach! I am going to make one of those cute cabanas into the next free design in our Little Village series-- my Sawtooth Star Cabin is looking a bit lonely! So look for that in early August.

    And finally, I'll let you know all about the road trip in a week or so, when I'm back. Will the bush plane be able extract her from the wilderness of Maine? Will the hot dog shop on Sanibel Island finally be re-opened? Will she make her sister wait in the car while she hops into quilt shops? I can't wait to find out, myself!

'Til then, keep on sewing--
I hope you'll be waiting for me, when I return, with plenty of summer fun left to enjoy.

xox
Carol





No comments:

Post a Comment