Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Maine Quilt Show

I am back-- safe and sound after a 1,670 mile, 26-hour road trip-- more on that in a future post! A lot had happened and there's a ton to catch up on... today, I'm still trying to get up to speed, so I'm just going to do a photo intensive post of quilts from the Maine Quilt Show-- it was at the end of July. Lots of truly heartfelt work-- at this show, they have the presence of mind NOT to have huge cash awards, so all the rock stars of quilting are thankfully absent, and we get to see what the rest of us are making!

I really enjoyed the show and thought the quilts were sensational. My apologies for the bad photography-- it was quite busy and hard to get a clear shot, so I'm going for quantity over quality in this post. I always enjoy seeing quilt show pictures and I hope you will, too.










The next seven pictures are of the Best in Show quilt.





































































































Congratulations on all who entered a quilt-- beautiful work! 

xox
Carol

 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip and great quilt show. Thank you for sharing your photos of the show. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - "sew" many pretties and so much talent! Thanks for sharing. XOXO Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful works of art! Disappointing to see so few machine embroidery entries. You need to beat the drums louder. Cheryl W

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love quilt show pictures! So much talent on display and so inspiring. Thanks for al the gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete