Saturday, September 23, 2017

'Nuf Said!

     I know this subject getting a bit old, but winning the AQS ribbon is such a weird and wonderful set of events, there are just some last thoughts and some thanks... then I am ready to get back to sewing again and I promise I'll never mention it again!
     People are asking me what it's like to win a top prize at one of the biggest quilt shows of the year, and a picture is worth a thousand words!

And here it is... my deep regret I didn't make it to the show, 
but my dear friend Gail did!

Of course, it is history now, my quilt moved up to a special award and the blue ribbon was traded for this one which arrived in the mail... I layed it out on my sewing table next to a Singer Featherweight for scale. It's pretty epic!

I also received this beautiful piece of jewelry-- it's a brand new mineral called "Fordite" and I so enjoyed reading about it. So perfect since my son owns an auto shop. Thank you so much, Siesta Silver Jewelry!


Here is my "report card"-- just take note that my "Areas to Improve" are "NONE." I gleefully shared this with my husband of 34 years and no doubt will be bringing it out during future arguments. THANK YOU, JUDGES!!

I'd also like to thank all of my customers, the entire city of Plymouth and half of Cape Cod, the Bayberry Quilters, and family members of all the above who voted for me-- I am truly humbled by the outpouring of support-- you really put it over the top. Your love is worth a hundred thousand ribbons to me.
A huge thanks to AQS for having the courage to try online voting-- I promise this award has fallen on fertile ground and I will do my best to make it count and share our wonderful art.
"A New England Album" now begins a two year round of quilt shows-- ironic for someone who really doesn't travel a lot! I hope you get a chance to see it in person-- quilting is one sport that a camera never captures well. And if you do, and the white glove lady isn't looking, you have my permission to run your hand over it... consider yourself hugged!
XOX
Carol

5 comments:

  1. Still so excited and happy for you....Keep on keeping on and inspiring us with your BEAUTIFUL work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I think this is the first time in my entire life that I have voted for a "winner". So glad it was you. Love the comparison to the Featherweight - LOL. Warm wishes from Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, CONGRATULATIONS 🎉 !! I'm so happy for you! In my heart New Emgland Album is #1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your qiilt at Paducah it was beautiful. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete