Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Cleaning and organize-ize-izing...

I used to think that if I only had the time, I'd be able to clean up and get organized...now after lockdown, I realize that wasn't the problem!


This was the sad state of affairs before last weekend when I decided to take the time between Stitches of the Sea and Cottage of the Month to restore order. Keep in mind my studio has three rooms... I did make a big dent in things, but we're still not photography ready.


(This is an "after" picture, in case you couldn't tell-- LOL-- as good as it gets here.) I still don't want to open those drawers. 


Of course, the fun is finding more of your old friends-- this is another cross stitch project from the early 90s and the next one I will try to finish now that my stocking is done. Wondering where I was in life when I last stuck that needle into that fabric is enough to send me into a serious wave of nostalgia... such a nice place to be right now. :-)

Here is a little wallhanging from about 1999...


I bought this pattern for the Cardinal Feathered Star, but it also included the Country Threads Christmas pattern which is super cute, too! These two for one patterns from That Patchwork Place were popular at the time.


Of course, I had to make it my own, and decided I would rather have a summer theme than Christmas, so I drew up these bluebirds in a peach tree. I can tell I did this in Adobe Illustrator so I did have a computer at that point. I would just LOVE to finish this now, and the best part is I now have the applique skills to do it, and the longarm to quilt it. I'd love to make that cardinal feathered star too, and the good news is I could now make a knock-your-socks off cardinal embroidery design for the center!


Makes me so glad these projects waited for me!



This one is not hanging around-- if you had told me in May I would be this far along in July I would have called you a liar! NY Beauty blocks are now done-- and are flawless! If you are interested in a tutorial on how to make perfect curved piecing with a glue stick just comment below.  I took pictures as I went along.



Will it take twenty years to finish that last block? I sure hope not!! 

In all of this, kitty helpers were particularly good with emptying boxes.




They are now back to their Dad who was away for Army training for two weeks.

Everyone is safe and well.

xox
Carol

3 comments:

  1. Boo Hoo Michael and I sure enjoyed your post today especially seeing your helpers taking a break in their favorite place. Glad to hear all is well. Thanks again for all that you do for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered why it takes "SEW" long to clean up/straighten up work areas. I was "attempting" to do a bit of that last week when I was looking for something I had put in a safe place (my "favorite" thing to do). Found all sorts of things that either were misplaced and/or buried under stuff. Never did find what I was looking for. It must be in another safe place, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course we want a tutorial on perfect curved piecing why waste the photos? I love the thought that our UFOs were just waiting around for our skills to catch up to them.

    ReplyDelete