Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Got 'er done!

      


       Each day, the sun comes up, circles across the sky, then sets... but this one, for us, was a day like no other! Mr. SFO and I realized we passed a big milestone in life-- our children are marrying. And I have to admit, I worried over this day for many weeks-- in the end, it went off without a "hitch"-- or I guess it would be with a hitch!

      Many of you will recognize Gypsy and Fern, (also known as the artist-in-residence or the DD here) from more than a year ago, when I asked all of you to sign up for their Appalachian Trail videos. You did, and followed right through the end-of-trail proposal on the top of Mount Katahdin in Maine, xox. In keeping with the hiking love, they married at the top of Mount Washington in New Hampshire.  In my mind, there were going to be 50 mile per hour winds and temps in the 30s with whiteout clouds rolling in and out, but if you know anything about this location, that wasn't a stretch of imagination at all. But there is no reasoning with people in love. After obsessively watching the weather for ten days, the top of the mountain, 7000ft up, was in the 60s with very little wind-- a beautiful day. 

     All of the hikers on the mountain used their trekking poles to make an arch, and Mr, SFO was able to walk his daughter down an aisle of backpacks. They found a hiking minister to perform the ceremony, a wonderful Godly man, and are now husband and wife.

    Then we all drove back down the mountain to a barn reception-- a terrifying drive to be sure, but no one fell off a cliff, as I had also imagined. It was a small gathering, but there was such a spirit of happiness and love for these two that just made everything perfect.

     I always assure people this will never be a cooking, homesteading, chicken, or travel blog, and I promise you I won't make it a wedding blog, either! I did secretly finish up an Editya Sitar "Alaska" quilt-- it's a snowflake to symbolize the White Mountains-- which we hung at the barn for them. It is a great satisfaction to me that the quilter's daughter has a wedding quilt-- on time! I don't have many pictures yet, but you can just see it in the upper right of this one.

        There-- that keeps it a sewing blog, right! 


Now that we've checked off one of life's special moments, there will be a bit of this...


...and then there is plenty of summer left to tackle a list I made of FFO's to be done,
hopefully with a lot less worrying my mind.

Thanks so much for reading-- now let's get back to our sewing machines!

xox
Carol


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration! You and your husband look fabulous! I posted a similar picture, poolside the other day...made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting that done! Looks like it was a fabulous day, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures - wonderful wedding, perfect weather and y'all look fantastic!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mrs and Mr SFSC on a successful mother-of-the-bride and father-of-the-bride event. It looks and sounds fabulous. Sending mountains of love and best wishes to the happy couple - well, both happy couples. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful wedding and one that will never be forgotten by everyone who attended. Congratulations .....

    ReplyDelete