Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving!

 Just wanted to write a quick post to wish everyone...


And I apologize, but that's all I have to say about that--
so warning-- stop reading if that's good enough for you!



 
My cold has not let up-- I now think I'm going into bronchitis-- the cough is really scary. I have considered going to the walk-in clinic just to get checked out a bit, but I guess on a positive note, I have not had to do it yet. As my father-in-law frequently said in his wisdom, "When it gets bad enough, you'll go."

Miraculously, no one else has gotten it--
and I'm well enough to get Thanksgiving basics cooked-- turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole-- but no one really wants me handling their food, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. 


Very little, but some, sewing has occurred this week-- here's my Pressed Flowers Block 7, looking as rumpled as me.


And I did get my extra charm pack, backing, and binding for the Lighthearted Christmas tree. Hoping I feel well enough to finish it-- it's ironic that sewing boosts my spirits, but my spirit isn't in it! 


I absolutely FORCED myself to get all 16 Summer Memories units pieced, but I'm too weak to drag them all out for a photo-- it's going to be king-sized.

On a more positive note, I did knock the December Bowl Fillers out of the park and completed the set of twelve! LOL. The time in my life when my DD took figure skating lessons was a really sweet one. 

If you would rather buy a set of twelve instead of only seeing one at a time, the set is now available. Click the photo to see them all-- it is glorious.



It's been a really tough year on a personal level-- there's a few empty seats at our table this year for various reason I can't talk about--LOL-- and I know so many of you are struggling as well. If you need to know someone's in the trenches with you-- imagine me holding your hand.



I guess the point of Thanksgiving is--
let's be grateful for what we do have--
let's just count the seats that are full-- it is still a lot. 


Snow is falling in the meadow as I write,
and I think I'll watch a little Hallmark Channel...

xox
Carol



4 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving. I, for one, am grateful for you and all the beauty you share. XOXO Dottie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful for friends with kind words. Xox

      Delete
  2. Carol, don’t fool around witwha''a't you think could be bronchitis, it could be pneumonia! Spend the $$ and go get checked ASAP, there is a lot of respiratory illness going around that is sorta related to Covid, and can get really nasty, really quick. If you are more than 3-4 days battling germs GO to the Doctor! Another Carole, From SC

    ReplyDelete